With friendly faces and an array of university courses in biological sciences, business, engineering, African languages, media studies, and more, Gaborone – or Gab as it's locally known – is a fine place to connect with the people of Botswana. Cultural activities, community projects, and adventures that reveal the country's unforgettable beauty make this a stand-out study-abroad experience.
ENJOY LIFE AS A VILLAGER
and be exposed to different socio-economic space in modern day Botswana during a three-day stay in rural Botswana
EXPLORE A WILDLIFE SANTUARY
with 30 animal species and more than 230 species of birds
while you lead a research or community project that's close to your heart
Excursions & Activities
- Meet students by joining a campus sports team or student group, such as the Human Rights Organization, or Students Against HIV/AIDS.
- Expand your view of Africa with local and regional excursions to places like the National Museum, and the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.
- Discover Botswana's rich history and biodiversity with excursions to Bahurutshe Cultural Village and Mokolodi Game Reserve.
Volunteering. Make a tangible difference by donating time and energy at an environmental organization, orphanage, hospice group, soup kitchen, game reserve, or women's shelter.
Internships. Get experience for life after college with an internship at a community-based organization, the Mokolodi Nature Reserve, Project Concern International, or a local business.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to local culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2020-2021||04/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.