With access to the largest fringing coral reef in the world and some of the planet’s most remarkable biodiversity, Western Australia is a treasure trove for students interested in ecology and marine biology. Gain hands-on experience and further your understanding of science with courses on key ecological concepts and techniques at CIEE Perth.
After the coursework, conduct field work in one of two streams: marine (marine ecology), or terrestrial (conservation biology), then cap it off with an independent research project at Ningaloo Reef or Manjimup. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
by hundreds of species of coral, fish, and other sea creatures while you collect data on Ningaloo Reef, a World Heritage Site.
FURTHER YOUR UNDERSTANDING
and knowledge of science.
SETTLE INTO THE LAID-BACK AUSSIE
lifestyle with a surfing lesson.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Australia’s unique flora and fauna with an interactive hike led by an Aboriginal guide, or take a spooky night tour of historic Fremantle prison – built by its very first convicts.
- Take a surfing lesson or become a fan of Australian rules football.
- Depending on the season, visit beautiful Rottnest Island or the southwest rainforest region.
Whether you investigate the impact of crown-of-thorns starfish on reef life or gather information on the endangered nocturnal woylie, you’ll learn to be a keen observer and a thorough biology researcher by conducting an independent capstone project.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activitie
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|