Get a firsthand look at current political and economic issues by taking classes alongside Belgian students in the capital of the European Union. CIEE’s partner school, Vesalius College is your host for coursework in English on global affairs, human rights, international business and entrepreneurship, and communications and journalism. Centrally located in the heart of the city, students can immerse themselves in the melting pot of cultures and languages with an optional internship at a local business. For students with strong French language skills, classes are available at Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
TAKE CLASSES IN ENGLISH
and opt for one in Dutch or French if your skills match up.
LEARN ON THE GO
with visits to European Union institutions, as well as other Belgian cities and one of Belgium neighboring countries.
BOOST YOUR KNOWLEDGE
with strong communications offerings, like intercultural communication, script writing for radio and television, international reporting in Brussels, and more.
Excursions & Activities
- See more of the region with day trips to Leuven, Bruges, Liège, Ghent, or Antwerp.
- Take an overnight excursion to the Netherlands, France or Germany
- Go on an urban graffiti tour, participate in a yoga class, make your own waffles, and see a soccer match
- Get involved on campus by joining a student club or taking advantage of sports facilities
- Explore favorites like Brussels Museum of Fine Arts and one of Belgium’s celebrated chocolate factories
Internships. Get credit and on-the-job experience in communications, business, or international affairs. Write for a weekly European magazine, monitor cases at the EU Court of Justice, or experience working at an accounting firm – so many possibilities! Internships are formalized in Brussels with Vesalius College, following interviews and final word from sponsors. Proficiency in a second language is not required.
Peer support. Team up with Belgian students for a mix of social events during CIEE’s Tandem program in which you are paired with a local French speaking student who wants to learn English, or participate in CIEE’s Talking Cafés where both CIEE and local students are invited to socialize in any language they like!
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Belgian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|