In Taipei, Chinese culture is embroidered with the threads of Japanese, southeast Asian, and U.S. influence. Spend the semester immersed in this unique environment to explore business, media, and politics – and ways in which they’re intertwined. Select from an impressive list of courses across a range of academic areas at CIEE Taipei and our partner school, National Chengchi University (NCCU), while immersing yourself in the rich culture of Taipei – where diversity is embraced, and the community is warm and welcoming.
Options for internships are also available for students who want to gain real-world work experience at a local company. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
AACSB and EQUIS Accreditation
Business classes offered in English are available at the National Chengchi University (NCCU). CIEE-administered classes are not included on the NCCU transcript.
GET AN EDGE
with the advanced curriculum and outstanding facilities of the international master’s programs in International Communication Studies and Asia Pacific Studies.
BUILD YOUR RESUME
with an internship at a Taipei media company.
GAIN THE UPPER HAND
on Chinese language with custom classes and support from peer partner.
Excursions & Activities
- Try on the local culture by joining into birthday celebration rituals for Confucius(fall), or the one-week Crazy Mazu festival in the spring.
- Explore city treasures like the Palace Museum, where the vast Chinese art collection stretches back dynasty over dynasty.
- Visit tea plantations, porcelain workshops, and temples.
- Take a three-day excursion to Sun Moon Lake, Tarago Gorge, or Tainan to connect with local community members and see life outside Taipei.
- Meet with many locals and expatriates, including journalists, diplomats, business leaders and educators, to get feel for working life here.
- Jump into university life by joining a student club or sports team.
- Volunteering. Taiwanese culture supports a unique bounty of nonprofit and non-governmental organizations supporting an array of causes – education, cultural improvement, marginalized people and immigrants, better housing, gender equality, and more. We’ll help you find a match!
- Internships. Gain experience with hands-on work in a professional setting, at a range of Taiwanese and international enterprises.
- Target Language Meals. Gather with language teachers, local students, and CIEE staff members to practice your Chinese skills in a relaxed setting.
- Peer support. Connect with Cultural Ambassadors - Taipei university students that share tips on language and culture – and often become long-lasting friends.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Taiwanese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|