Spend your January in the Netherlands, learning about a country known for its progressive social policies. Take a class on the Dutch public health system and use the mini-metropolis of Amsterdam as your laboratory. Go on guided site visits, hear from guest lecturers, compare Dutch public health to that of the United States, and come away illuminated with insight about this beautiful country.
EXPLORE ANOTHER DUTCH CITY
between the capital of Amsterdam and a smaller city, during a two day overnight trip.
VISIT THE AMSTERDAM ZOO
just steps away from the CIEE Study Center, located on the Roetersstraat on the eastern side of the city center.
SPEND A DAY
at the Rijksmuseum and view the masterpieces of Rembrandt and his pupils.
Excursions & Activities
- Learn about culturally sensitive issues such as euthanasia, public insurance, and home birth, as well as global issues such as elderly care and children's health.
- Take part in field visits in and around the city of Amsterdam.
- See a world-class symphony orchestra at the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, considered by critics to have some of the best acoustics in the world.
- Join the locals and bicycle around this accessible, environmentally-conscious and multicultural European capital city.
- Hear a guest lecturer who'll provide insights on key contemporary public health issues in the Netherlands.
- Meals are not included.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Dutch culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|ISP||2021||12/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.