The student-friendly nature of Valparaíso and neighboring Viña del Mar make this an ideal destination to take your Spanish-language skills to the next level, no matter what your major is. More than friendly, this colorful, sea-side city and beautiful surrounding country will set you up for endless discoveries – about yourself and Chilean culture.
AACSB and EQUIS Accreditation
Liberal Arts program-related eligibility requirement: 4 semesters of Spanish language study (or equivalent). Both Liberal Arts and Language in Context students may enroll in business classes offered in at the Universidad Adolfo Ibañez (UAI) or CIEE (Liberal Arts students must take all classes in Spanish; Language in Context students typically take content classes in English). Students on both programs must also take a language class in addition to content courses offered by CIEE or any of the three host institutions available to the programs. CIEE-administered classes are not reported on the UAI (nor other host institution) transcripts.
FAST-FORWARD YOUR PROFICIENCY IN SPANISH LANGUAGE
by living with a host family.
LEARN ABOUT CHILE
and its place in Latin America with courses at top-ranked Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaiso.
GET A BIGGER VIEW OF CHILEAN SOCIETY
with different excursions in the country.
Excursions & Activities
Program includes 5 days of excursions. In past years we had visited iconic sites such as:
- Isla Negra, home of Nobel Chilean poet Pablo Neruda
- Vineyards of Casablanca valley
- “La Moneda”, Presidential palace of Chilean Government (Santiago)
- Museum of Memory and Human Rights (Santiago)
- San Pedro de Atacama
- Pucón and Temuco
Volunteering. Students can opt to volunteer with NGO´s or social institutions. Volunteering options range from administrative support to health care NGO´s that give shelter to vulnerable children and elderly.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Chilean culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2020-2021||04/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.