Take your intermediate to advanced Italian language skills to the next level while exploring Italy’s rich culture, history, cinema and society at CIEE Ferrara. Located in Italy’s Emilia-Romagna region, Ferrara is filled with old-world charm, Renaissance architecture, and the magnificent Romanesque Cathedral. With intensive language study and courses taught in Italian you’ll make dramatic strides in your proficiency. Students with a high level of Italian can take classes at CIEE’s partner school, University of Ferrara.
All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
RAMP UP YOUR LANGUAGE SKILLS
llanguage skills with an innovative program for intermediate and advanced students.
EXPLORE MORE BEAUTIFUL ITALIAN CITIES
like Florence, Ravenna, Bologna, Siena, Venice, Verona, and Padua.
ENROLL IN UNIVERSITY COURSES
and study alongside Italians, depending on the strength of your language skills.
Excursions & Activities
- Take day trips to Bologna, renowned for its cuisine; Ravenna, former Byzantine capital; Padua, home of Giotto’s celebrated Arena Chapel frescos; Venice, known for glassblowing at Murano, and Verona, enchanting city of Romeo and Juliet.
- See more Italian treasures with multi-day trips to Tuscany, Campania, or Sicily.
- Discover Ferrara’s medieval and Renaissance sections of Ferrara.
- Attend concerts, operas, festivals, and dinners. Meet with local personalities from the art, food, and sports scene.
Volunteering. Give your energy and time, teaching English to the children of immigrant families, helping at a women’s resource center, and more.
University choir: Join the University choir and meet local students while practicing your Italian.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Italian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|