Make the most of your advanced Spanish language skills in one of the world's most energetic, artistic, and cosmopolitan cities: Madrid. Fast-forward your language skills, continue your studies at one of the most prestigious universities, travel throughout the region – this study-abroad experience has no shortage of options to put you on the path to fluency and fully experience student life, Spanish-style.
PERFECT YOUR SPOKEN SPANISH
with conversation exchanges and organized activities with the Spanish Student Network.
ADD RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
to your resume with an internship that aligns with your major.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A HOST OF OPPORTUNITIES
for maximum immersion, from tutoring to personal workshops, to campus activities.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore beyond Madrid with three-day trips to Toledo, the Natural Park of Hoces de Duratón, the Monastery of El Escorial, the Roman architecture of the city of Segovia, or the UNESCO World Heritage site of Alcalá de Henares.
- Visit Sevilla, Barcelona, Granada, Bilbao, the Canary Islands, or Morocco during an unforgettable weekend excursion.
- Soak up Spanish culture with museum visits, dance classes, urban art and graffiti tours, and neighborhood visits.
- Savor down-time with Spanish students while you rock climb, play basketball, hike, kayak, swim, or catch a theater, dance, or music performance.
Volunteering. We're ready to help you help kids, teens, and disabled people in Madrid, through schools, associations, and outreach programs.
Peer-to-peer language support. Practice your Spanish skills and make a new friend with our language exchange program.
Tutoring. The CIEE Global Institute is the place to get help with Spanish, check your language course assignments, and more.
Internships. Earn credit and beef up your resume with international experience in publishing, medical care, or supporting an NGO – there are plenty of options.
Personal workshops. Learn about issues like culture shock, LGBTQ life in Madrid, cooking, stress management, job interview skills, and more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|