Get a grip on the rapidly changing media landscape in enchanting Prague. As a city that’s seen remarkable transformation since the end of the Cold War and its independence in 1993, it’s an especially intriguing place to explore how media influences public opinion. In the heart of Europe - try your hand as a foreign news correspondent.
LEARN BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
with visits to media outlets like Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, headquartered in Prague.
STUDY WITH AWESOME SURROUNDINGS,
amidst a fairy tale castle and hundreds of church spires.
GET A BROADER VIEW
of life in the Czech Republic with weekend excursions and day trips.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore more of the region with two excursions – one day trip and one overnight trip. Destinations change annually, and have included:
- Terezín, former Jewish ghetto and Nazi labor camp
- Sychrov, home of a beautiful neo-Gothic castle and famous gothic fortress built in Roman times
- Litomerice, where the Ploskovice castle and historical structures date back to the 13th century
- Karlovy Vary, a noted spa town
- Mikulov, South Moravian wine destination
- Plzen, home of Europe’s second largest synagogue, the Victims of Evil monument, and the George Patton Museum
- Get an insider’s view of Prague with the help of your Flat Buddy, a Charles University student who will teach you cultural norms and introduce you to Czech culture.
- Make your visit official by traversing the Charles Bridge, constructed to cross the Vltava River in 1357.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||05/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.