CIEE Global Internship programs are built just for you! All of our locations offer a wide range of internship opportunities across a diverse set of industries. When you apply, we work directly with you to find an internship that suits your unique needs and professional goals. Learn more about our personalized placement process.
Hong Kong welcomes you with its iconic skyline, legendary cuisine, and lush nature reserves. Spend your summer interning in Hong Kong and learn why thousands of multinational companies choose Hong Kong as their base. The vibrant city is a hub of business, yes, but also of art, culture, political advocacy, conservation and so much more.
TAKE IN A PANORAMIC VIEW
of the city on Victoria Peak, a majestic mountain in the western half of Hong Kong Island.
CONNECT WITH HONG KONGESE
tradition by visiting a Buddhist temple and be humbled by its ornate facade and mythical dragon sculptures.
WALK HONG KONG'S WETLAND PARK
an interactive, educational spot, showing the area's wildlife and ecosystem.
Excursions & Activities
- Indulge in the rich variety of flavors and influences such as Cantonese, Sichuanese, Japanese and French that make Hong Kong one of the world's top culinary capitals.
- Develop professionally at a business workshop. Topics include: Making the Most of your Internship, Networking and Informational Interviewing, Understanding Working Styles and Leveraging your Internship for a Global Career.
- Visit Ocean Park Hong Kong, with exhibits such as a giant panda habitat, rainforest and polar displays, and an aquarium featuring the world's largest aquarium dome.
- Experience the vibrant nightlife offered in Hong Kong at a Cantonese opera, karaoke
- Take advantage of resume help and interviewing skills based on local business culture
- Explore the professional working world of Hong Kong through organizational site visits, industry networking events, and guest lectures
- Participate in workshops that will help you make the most of your internship
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Chinese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||05/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.