This summer, learn Portuguese where the action is: Rio de Janeiro! Make impressive strides, taking intensive language lessons at one of five levels and living with a Brazilian family. With the hum of daily life in Rio, plus exciting excursions, you’ll have the summer of a lifetime.
SET YOURSELF UP
for a successful semester at a Brazilian university.
your language skills with an intensive course designed for international students.
in one the world’s most beautiful urban settings, and the epicenter of Latin America’s largest, fastest-growing economy.
Excursions & Activities
Activities vary but could include these and more:
- Catching facts tourists often miss on a guided tour of the city.
- Exploring national museums and historic neighborhoods.
- Attending a soccer match to see why Brazilians are mad for football.
- Experiencing Rio’s rich and diverse arts culture during festivals.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Brazilian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||05/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.