Education and Spanish Studies Program - Seville, Spain
Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco. Located in a historic downtown mansion, the Center has brought Americans and sevillanos
together since 1969 by actively promoting interaction through language-exchanges, joint fiestas, and outings to cultural events.
Education and Spanish Studies Program
Designed for the student majoring in Education, this program is specially tailored to incorporate Education-focused courses, student teaching, tutoring and other education related activities as part of the study abroad program in Seville, Spain.
This program offers students a variety of content course options taught at our Center - a historic mansion in downtown Seville - and includes numerous cultural activities, day trips and excursions. At the Center, you also benefit from the expertise of our staff, who guide you to more fully immerse yourself in the sevillano
community through volunteer work, local clubs, internships, etc. All courses are taught by local professors. The Education and Spanish Studies Program is designed for the student that has completed at least one semester of intermediate college Spanish or the equivalent.
Learn the Language...
- Complete an Education Practicum at a local school
- Tutor Spanish children
- Variety of education courses offered at our historical Center, built in two turn-of-the-century mansions
- For high advanced students the opportunity to enroll in education courses at Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide (6 semesters college Spanish or equivalent, B1 placement test score)
- Earn up to 8 credits in Spanish language
- Independent Research Projects, Internship or Service Learning Course Options
- Semesters begin with an intensive language period (Monday-Friday)
- Average class size: 10-12
- 12-18 semester credits
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada and the Alhambra, Ronda, Córdoba and the Great Mosque, Itálica, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
Live the Life...
- Courses designed to aid cultural adaptation
- Monthly fiestas for American and Spanish students at the Center in Seville
- Sevillanas dance classes and citywide festivals, such as Feria, Andalucía's largest folkloric festival
- Internships, service learning projects, and volunteer opportunities
- Homestays with local families or housing in student residence halls with Spanish students
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
- Double occupancy room & full board
- Overnight & local study visits & cultural activities
- Health Insurance
- Spanish Studies transcript
- Support of onsite staff
- All courses are taught in Spanish by highly qualified local professors at our Center in downtown Seville.
- Course List
Students may select to live with a local host family or in a student residencia*.
*Residencia spaces are limited and students with special health and dietary needs have first priority.
- 3.0 GPA in Spanish language coursework
- One semester of intermediate college-level Spanish or the equivalent
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011