International Studies in English at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona - Barcelona, Spain
Why choose Barcelona?
As Spain's second largest city, Barcelona embodies every quality of a European city. Experience the typical hustle and bustle of a busy city on La Rambla
, take a stroll through one of the many barrios, or enjoy any of its famous Mediterranean beaches. This urban city is host to several UNESCO World Heritage sights, attracting millions of tourists each year.
About the International Studies Program
Students in the International Studies Program take courses specifically designed for international students in English and Spanish. Your studies are complimented by a Spanish language course to help you ease into your new Spanish community. All our courses are specifically designed to enhance your understanding of modern Spain while you immerse yourself in your studies. Choose at least one language course and others from the Business, Economics & Politics, Art & Architecture, and Mediterranean Studies Tracks. These courses are taught in English or Spanish at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB).
LEARN THE LANGUAGE...
- Classes in English and Spanish
- Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
- Classes with international students
- Courses in Business, Economics & Politics, Art & Architecture, and Mediterranean Studies
- Option to take additional courses in Spanish (previous Spanish required)
- 12-15 credits per semester
- Opportunities for volunteer work
- Full access to university facilities
Guided direct-enrollment in courses specifically-designed for international students learning Spanish.
Classes taught by Spanish professors.
TRAVEL THE LAND...
Visits to locations such as...
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Museo Dalí, Figueres
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
- Upbeat nightlife and rich cultural attractions
- Volunteer opportunities
- Room & Board (meals, laundry included)
- Support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad Resident Director
- Pre-departure support
- Overnight and local study visits
- Cultural activities
- Health insurance
- A UAB and Spanish Studies Abroad transcript
- Optional trips and activities are also available through the university!
- 2.75 GPA overall
- No previous study of Spanish required
- Must be enrolled at a degree-granting institution
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011