STEM Abroad Program in English
Why choose Barcelona?
As Spain's second largest city, Barcelona embodies every quality of a European city. Experience the typical hustle and bustle of a busy city on La Rambla, take a stroll through one of the many barrios, or enjoy any of its famous Mediterranean beaches. This urban city is host to several UNESCO World Heritage sights, attracting millions of tourists each year.
About the STEM Abroad Program
Students in the STEM Abroad Program complete coursework in English while gaining an understanding of Spanish culture. Your studies are complemented by a mandatory Spanish language course to help you ease into your new Spanish community. All our courses are specifically designed to enhance your understanding of modern Spain while you immerse yourself in your studies. Enroll in courses in Universitat Pompeu Fabra's Escola Superior Politècnica,
as well as optional courses from other departments, such as the Hispanic and European Studies or International Business departments.
LEARN THE LANGUAGE...
- Classes in English
- Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
- Classes with international students
- Courses in Hispanic and European Studies, International Business, Legal Studies (Political Science), and Design
- Option to take additional courses in Spanish (previous Spanish required)
- 12-18 credits per semester
- Opportunities for volunteer work, an internship (spring semester only), or Independent Research Project
- Full access to university facilities
TRAVEL THE LAND...
- Guided direct enrollment in courses specifically-designed for international students learning Spanish
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
Visits to locations such as...
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Val de Nuria
- Museo Dalí
- Spanish Studies Abroad-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Upbeat nightlife and rich cultural attractions
- Volunteer opportunities
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the university.
- 2.7 overall GPA required
- College junior or senior status
- Participants are encouraged to take one language course (according to their level)
- Optional course choices may have specific requirements
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011