Studying abroad is a challenging and wonderful experience
and New College can help you do it!
Please note that the OCS/SA Office is closed for in-person service. In the interest of slowing the spread of COVID-19 within our community, the OCS/SA office has transitioned all of our support exclusively to email (email@example.com) until further notice. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
As an institution that values intellectual curiosity and fearless learning, New College of Florida encourages its students to expand their education beyond the classroom and beyond borders by studying and interning away, in the United States and abroad. Students have access to a wide variety of programs, from exchanging at other institutions within the United States via the National Student Exchange (NSE), EcoLeague, and the Consortium for Innovative Environments in Learning (CIEL), to studying around the world on faculty-led programs, exchange programs, and programs offered by select third-party providers. The Off-Campus Study/Study Abroad office acts as the primary resource on campus for students seeking this invaluable experience. The office supports the academic program and facilitates successful off-campus experiences by advising and assisting students who participate in study away programs through the entire process, from initial interest to reintegration on campus
Off-campus study in a nutshell
- Who? Students in most Areas of Concentration (AOC) can participate with their academic advisor’s approval. Transfer students should discuss eligibility requirements specific to individual transfer status.
- When? Second or third year.
- How long? Students can study abroad for a semester, an academic year, during ISP in January or summer.
- Where? Overseas, with a program sponsored by another U.S. institution or a third-party provider, by creating a self-directed off-campus study project, or in the U.S. with the National Student Exchange, EcoLeague, or CIEL.
- How? Remain enrolled at New College, complete an off-campus study contract, receive a transcript for the course work completed and transfer the credits back to New College.
- Why? Enrich your personal and educational experiences.
For more information, please contact Florence Zamsky at 941-487-4318 or firstname.lastname@example.org