China’s capital city is filled with ancient history and remarkable historic sites, creating the perfect base to push your solid Mandarin skills ahead. Students must be a junior or senior standing and have superior-level Chinese language skills. Take classes with top Chinese students across a range of academic areas, including biology, business, communications, cultural studies, engineering, history, humanities, math, and social sciences at CIEE Beijing and CIEE’s prestigious partner school, Peking University (PKU).
All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
CHALLENGE YOURSELF AT PRESTIGIOUS PEKING UNIVERSITY
with courses at the School of International Studies, the Guanghua School of Management, and many more.
EXPLORE THIS VAST COUNTRY
with two unforgettable long weekend excursions, one preset, and one you choose.
TAKE YOUR CHINESE LANGUAGE SKILLS
to a professional level with one-on-one tutorials and special meals.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit amazing sites loaded with history, like Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.
- Take a long weekend away to an alluring destination like Xi’an, Hangzhou, or Nanjing.
- Load up on culture with plays, rock music performances, art exhibitions, and more.
- Try something new like a class in calligraphy, painting, seal carving, or martial arts.
- Keep your language skills polished even when you travel, thanks to Chinese students who come along to help you practice.
- Peer Tutor program. CIEE students are paired with local students from the PKU department in which the CIEE student is enrolled. These tutorials provide students guided support in academic writing and research in a Chinese context, which is integrated into the required CIEE core course, Tutorial for Advanced Research and Writing. They also provide students extra conversation practice in Mandarin and guidance with homework assignments, while giving students an opportunity to befriend a Chinese peer.
- Target language meals. To encourage students to use improving Chinese, CIEE periodically arranges for students to share meals with tutors or Chinese friends and instructors.
- Volunteering. Connect with Chinese people and give back. Share meals and crafts with autistic children or teach English at a school for blind children.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Chinese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|