Write your next chapter in Dublin, where literary traditions include legends like Joyce, Swift, and Yeats. Whether your studies pull you toward business, engineering, history, journalism, or Irish studies, you'll have plenty of choices with direct enrollment at lively Dublin City University. Beyond academics, you'll find thousands of years of culture and heritage around every corner of this high-spirited city.
The elective CIEE-administered classes, “History and Culture of Modern Ireland” and “Intercultural Communications and Leadership”, are not included on the Dublin City University (DCU), Trinity College Dublin (TCD), nor University College Dublin (UCD) transcripts.
TRAVEL TO NORTHERN IRELAND
to see how differences between Protestants/British and Nationalist/Irish communities impact daily life.
on a high-tech campus with easy access to downtown Dublin.
on Ireland's rich heritage with orientation activities and a special CIEE course.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Dublin with guided visits to museums, cathedrals, galleries, and historic sites.
- See traditional Irish culture at its best in Ireland's medieval city of Kilkenny.
- Travel back centuries in time at Ireland's National Heritage Park in Co. Wexford. See how the ancient and medieval Irish lived in this re-creation of life through the ages.
- Engage in campus life by joining a campus society or club – from drama to travel, there's something for everyone.
- Take advantage of the University's state-of-the-art swimming complex.
Volunteering. Gain practical experience teaching, working with teens, or pitching in at an organization like North Dublin Cooperative, Fighting Words, or the Writers Museum.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Irish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2020-2021||04/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.