Increase your knowledge of contemporary media culture and production from a national and global perspective by submerging yourself in an international communications and journalism campus, located in one of Europe’s most prominent cities from both a historical and a cultural point of view. Consider the option of working as a local reporter, intern, or as a communications or social media assistant at a local NGO.
with images, words, video, and sound as you develop skills and flex your creative muscles.
PUT YOUR IDEAS
and talents together with other American and Spanish students to tackle a variety of media projects.
how digital tools and media – and easy access to them – could change the information market.
Excursions & Activities
- Supplement in-class work with trips to places such as Córdoba, Aracena, Écija, or other relevant sites in the region.
- Participate in an overnight trip to Morocco, where you will be hosted by local families.
- Step into the professional field and gain practical work experience through a for-credit internship in the areas of audiovisual communication and journalism.
- Develop a background on the history of printed press in Europe and methods by which media professionals continue to adapt to the challenges posed by the Internet through discussions with local journalists.
- Exercise your skills as a travel journalist, improve your capacity to create audiovisual scripts, perfect your photographic gaze and technique, write creatively or enhance your journalistic research abilities.
- Engage in active discussions with peers and professors about corporate communications, audiovisual cultural industries, digital communication and interculturality, or the role of media in fostering social change.
- Examine and capture your new community through video documentaries in a “Digital Video Reporting in Context” course (optional).
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|