Immerse yourself in Spanish university life at CIEE’s partner school, Universitat Pompeau Fabra (UPF) and CIEE Barcelona and gain in-depth knowledge of Catalonia’s position within Europe. Choose from courses in English or Spanish at UPF’s Economics and Business school or from the Hispanic and European Studies Program (HESP), which is one of Europe’s top programs for international students in the disciplines of communication, humanities, and the social sciences. Students can also gain insight into Spanish business culture and get real-world international work experience with a for-credit internship. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
ANALYZE CURRENT CHALLENGES FOR THE EUROPEAN ECONOMY
and explore the differences between European and U.S. economic models.
GET AN INSIDER'S LOOK
on the impact of European integration on Spain's economy.
STRENGTHEN YOUR INTERCULTURAL LEADERSHIP SKILLS
by completing group projects with Spanish students.
Excursions & Activities
- See for yourself why landmarks like Museu Picasso and Gaudi’s artworks engender awe from visitors around the world.
- Explore beyond Barcelona, with highlights that could include Roman ruins in the coastal city Tarragona, the medieval town of Girona, the Dalí museum in Figueres, among others.
- Get valuable international work experience with a for-credit internship. You might develop a marketing plan for the Museum of Chocolate in Barcelona, or use market research to see how social responsibility affects start-ups at Associacio Coworkings de Catalunya (COWOCAT).
- Placements include start-ups, small to medium sized companies, and magazine and publishing houses, among others. Internships include a weekly class to support the experience with academics.
Lectures, films, discussion groups, and neighborhood tours are all possibilities that will expand your cultural knowledge while you practice speaking Spanish.
CIEE Local Students
Native university students welcome our visiting students and help them get to know the city and meet new friends. You'll join them in small groups for fun city tours, cooking classes, flamenco night, and more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|