Perfectly situated between the mountains and the Mediterranean Sea Barcelona is a lovely city to spend J-term boosting your knowledge of international business or art history. Gain exposure to and understanding of the city’s booming business industry or learn about Catalan and Spanish culture through Spanish masterpieces. Classes are taught in English at CIEE Barcelona and complemented with co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
Live with a local family who can introduce you to the city’s culture and help you adapt to life in Barcelona
HANG OUT WITH LOCAL STUDENTS
who will help you get settled and share fun activities like cooking classes, guided tours, and a tapas night.
ADMIRE THE ARCHITECTURAL HISTORY
of this 2000 year old city.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore the region of Catalonia with fun day trips.
- Take guided tours of the historical district.
- Enjoy gastronomy-based activities such as eating chocolate con churros or tapas with local friends, or a cooking lesson.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|ISP||2021||12/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.