The 3,500-year-old port city of Alicante sits on Spain’s dazzling Mediterranean coast and invites students of intermediate Spanish proficiency to come soak up the language and culture.
Spend the semester immersed in language learning at CIEE Alicante and taking courses in Spanish at CIEE’s partner school, Universidad de Alicante Business Management Program. Make strides in your language learning by volunteering in the community or practicing with Spanish language buddies from the university. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
TRAVEL TO ANOTHER AMAZING SPANISH CITY,
such as Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Murcia, or Granada.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
at their Alicante home – soak up the language and the culture as you live like a local in this vibrant city.
LEARN ALONGSIDE PEERS FROM SPAIN
and other countries at Universidad de Alicante, one of the country’s newest universities with a modern campus and an international vibe.
- Put your coursework in context with visits to museums, theaters, and cultural sites.
- Explore beyond the city with day trips to provincial highlights like the Algar Waterfalls, Canelobre Caves, Calpe, Altea, and Guadalest Castle, or to Valencian Autonomous Community.
- Discover another beautiful Spanish city, such as Granada, Madrid, or Valencia.
- Take your pick of nonstop activities offered weekly by both CIEE and the University Language Center – hiking, sports, cinema, cooking workshops, dance classes, theater, guided tours – boredom is not an option!
- Make new friends as you practice your Spanish language skills with Spanish students during linguistic activities.
- Join a language exchange program.
- Play sports (soccer, basketball, etc.), go hiking, and take part in fun activities around the city – all while you speak Spanish!
- Volunteer with senior citizens, children, or students with disabilities in Alicante or San Vicente. It is a great way to give back to your new home away from home – and interact even more with local citizens.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|