Bring your desire to learn the Italian language and explore Italy’s rich culture to the small city of Ferrara. Located in Italy’s Emilia-Romagna region, Ferrara is filled with old-world charm, Renaissance architecture, and the magnificent Romanesque Cathedral. Begin the program with an intensive Italian language class matched to your skill level, then enroll in content courses, taught in English, at CIEE Ferrara.
All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
RAMP UP YOUR LANGUAGE SKILLS
with intensive courses for beginners and intermediate level students.
beautiful Italian cities like Florence, Ravenna, Bologna, Siena, Venice, Verona, and Padua.
LEARN TO MAKE
a tasty regional specialty, like cappellacci di zucca.
Excursions & Activities
- Take day trips to Ravenna, former Byzantine capital; Padua, home of Giotto’s celebrated Arena Chapel frescos; Venice; and Verona, enchanting city of Romeo and Juliet.
- See more Italian treasures with multi-day trips to Tuscany, Campania, or Sicily.
- Discover Ferrara’s medieval and Renaissance sections of Ferrara.
- Attend concerts, operas, festivals, and dinners, and meet with local personalities from the art, food, and sports worlds.
eer language support. Pair up with an Italian student as Tandem Language Partners to share friendship and conversation.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Italian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|