Get a completely new university experience south of the equator. Put your Spanish or Portuguese skills to work, and challenge yourself to courses taught in Portuguese in the action-packed city of Rio. Add a treasure trove of cultural activities and excursions that bring colorful Brazilian culture to life, and you get one unforgettable international experience.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR SEMESTER
with a program designed to help international students succeed.
LIVE AND LEARN
in one the world’s most beautiful urban settings, and the epicenter of Latin America’s largest economy.
TAKE COURSES IN PORTUGUESE
and meet South American peers at Brazil’s top university.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore Rio and get insider insight into its museums, neighborhoods and more.
- Take an overnight trip and discover the great diversity of Brazil.
- See why Brazilians are mad for football (soccer) with a live match, take drumming lessons in a favela, or soak up similar experiences that bring Brazilian culture to life.
- Immerse yourself in Rio’s rich and diverse arts culture.
- Be part of campus life by joining extracurricular and cultural activities.
- Volunteering: In a country known for urban poverty, you’ll gain as much as you give, helping with education, health, or community building. Teach English to underserved children, foster professional skills in women, and much more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Brazilian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time Program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight Excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 Emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2020-2021||04/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.