Experience the Eternal City in your own unique way. We’ll match you to an academic experience pertinent to your interests, allowing you to study a topic relevant to your goals as you immerse yourself in Rome’s rich culture and history. Your coursework will be complemented by excursions, cultural events, and more, allowing you to get the most out of this beautiful city!
Explore some of the world’s most breathtaking cultural destinations, like the Vatican, Saint Peter’s Basilica, and the Spanish Steps. Then go mobile! Stay in Rome for the duration of your study abroad or add on sessions at other CIEE Global Institutes in Berlin, Cape Town, London, Madrid, and Paris.
some of Italy’s most famous UNESCO World Heritage sites.
TOUR THE ANCIENT RUINS
of Pompeii or head to Tivoli see its beautiful Renaissance villas.
Excursions & Activities
- Gain a glimpse of what ancient life was like through the ruins of Ostia Antica or Pompeii.
- Wander the famous Renaissance villas of Tivoli, a small picturesque town outside of Rome.
- Get a taste of Italian small town life in Orvieto, with its Etruscan origins and its 14th century Cathedral overlooking the Umbrian countryside.
Make a difference in your host community through a number of wonderful opportunities!
- Provide English language tutoring to immigrants or children at community centers
- Volunteer at local NGOs, homeless shelters, and more
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||05/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.