You'll find this progressive, multicultural city the perfect setting to explore Dutch society, politics, and culture. With an opportunity to live with a Dutch host for your entire stay or just a weekend, you'll get a truly personal introduction to this country and its eco-friendly, active way of life.
GET AROUND BY BIKE
– it's the Dutch way – and the best way to get a closer perspective of this multicultural city.
GET A MULTINATIONAL PERSPECTIVE
on everything you study by working side by side with the international student body at University of Amsterdam.
LIVE LIKE THE LOCALS
by taking a bike tour, attending a special exhibition at the Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk Museum, or another world-class institution.
Excursions & Activities
- Travel overnight to experience life in another Dutch city or slip out of urban life at a coastal preserve.
- Take day trips that highlight Dutch innovation outside the city rings of Amsterdam.
- Cheer alongside Dutch fans at a soccer match, or experience Dutch theatre or dance at a historic performance hall.
- Team up with a student coach from the University of Amsterdam's International Student Network (ISN), and enjoy city outings with your own group of international students at the UvA.
- Get to know Dutch youngsters by volunteering to teach English once a week at a local Amsterdam school.
- Join one of several Amsterdam Life Activities (ALA) groups. From exploring Amsterdam's multicultural composition, to its status as a global culinary capital or a hub for business innovation, there's a way to pursue nearly every interest.
- Sign up for a weekend homestay, and get to meet a Dutch family.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Dutch culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2020-2021||04/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2019||04/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||08/19/2019||12/21/2019|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.