CIEE Global Internship programs are built just for you! All of our locations offer a wide range of internship opportunities across a diverse set of industries. When you apply, we work directly with you to find an internship that suits your unique needs and professional goals. Learn more about our personalized placement process.
Choose Mumbai and you'll choose to spend a summer in the world's fourth largest city by population and the commercial capital of the one of its fastest growing economies. As a CIEE Global Intern, you'll work in a non-paying position with a leading organization, diving into a field of interest, exploring a different culture, and expanding your professional portfolio and network. Your exploration of the city formerly known as Bombay will lead to artistic, intellectual, and culinary discoveries in the place that is the site of Asia's oldest stock exchange, India's Fashion Weeks, and home of Bollywood, Mumbai's global film industry.
WORK IN A CITY LIKE MUMBAI IS "RISE, SURPRISE AND ENTERPRISE"
which is an International hub in finance, commerce and the entertainment capital of India.
"BOMBAY IS NOT ABOUT 'SIGHTS' IN THE TRADITIONAL SENSE,
but it's about experiences" - in every field be it music, Arts, Bollywood, management or science, cosmopolitan culture, humaneness and creativity.
LIVE IN A CITY OF DREAMS WHICH NEVER SLEEPS, CONSTANTLY ON THE MOVE.
The cosmopolitan temperament of the city instantly makes you feel one with the people, walking through an abundance of historical and cultural sites like the ionic gateway of India. The old city of Bombay prides itself with a rich cultural heritage, a short yet flamboyant history, an impressive collection of temples, an amalgamation of unity in diversity with countless dialects intermingling.
Excursions & Activities
- Take a crash course in Hindi, the official language of India, along with English.
- Tour local markets, visit the Gateway of India, India's most valued structure, and take an Indian cooking class.
- Explore the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (formerly The Prince of Wales Museum), a renowned museum in South Mumbai which houses rare ancient exhibits of Indian history
- Relax on one of Mumbai's many beaches including Girgaum Chowpatty, Juhu, and Gorai Beach.
- Take advantage of resume help and interviewing skills based on local business culture
- Explore the professional working world of Mumbai through organizational site visits, industry networking events, and guest lectures
- Participate in workshops that will help you make the most of your internship
- Meals (breakfast and dinner) are included in the program housing.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Indian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||05/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.