A city celebrated by UNESCO for outstanding design yet firmly rooted in ancient traditions, Seoul makes an intriguing summer destination to explore culture, business practices, and Korean language. Challenge yourself in Seoul, and see why South Korea is emerging as a major industrial nation.
CHOOSE FROM A VAST RANGE OF COURSES
at top-rated Yonsei University in arts, humanities, East Asian and Korean studies, economics, sciences, technology, and more.
temples, historic sites, the Korean Demilitarized Zone, and other significant places.
FAST-FORWARD YOUR KOREAN
language skills with courses at all levels.
Excursions & Activities
- Start with a three-day excursion beyond Seoul to get to know the country, its people, and its natural beauty.
- Learn taekwondo during Friday morning sessions at the University.
- Take a Korean cooking class along with a street food tour.
- Learn about the Korean Wave, a.k.a. Hallyu, at the source, and see what’s behind the spread of South Korean culture kicked off by K-Pop.
- Cultural reimbursement. Take advantage of CIEE’s reimbursement program to attend Korean movie screenings, traditional concerts and performances, and visit museums and historic sites – we’ll pick up the cost.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Four-day orientation – an introduction to Korean culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursion
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2020||05/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.