DIS Stockholm - Summer 2019
Our summer calendar makes it easy to mix and match sessions between Copenhagen and Stockholm and stay for the amount of time that is right for you. Choose from three-, four-, or seven-week sessions, or combine sessions to stay up to 10 weeks. You can earn up to 12 credits over your summer. Below are the DIS Stockholm Courses. Please reference our 'DIS Copenhagen - Summer Courses' brochure for a complete list of Copenhagen courses!
Highlights of Spending Your Summer with DIS
3 Weeks | 3 Credits | May 20 - June 8
- Flexibility! DIS courses run in several sessions of varying length, with different start and end dates. You choose which courses and sessions are best suited to your academic goals
- Earn credits. DIS offers courses across a wide array of disciplines. You can earn between 3 and 12 credits, and choose to enhance your major or try something new
- Copenhagen and Stockholm as your home, Europe as your classroom. Most sessions include course-integrated study tours to relevant locations in Europe that further your perspectives on course topics
- Stimulating, cutting-edge courses. Taught with a focus on interaction and real-life experience, all courses feature field studies in Copenhagen and Stockholm to bring classroom discussions to life
- No hidden costs. DIS provides you with housing, study tours, and field studies, as well as your other needs such as course reading materials and textbooks, an Arrival Workshop, and 24-hour emergency support
Activism: Gender, Sexuality, and Race
Behavioral Economics: European Case Studies
Scandinavian Crime Fiction
Understanding Terrorism: Causes, Solutions, and Dilemmas
Session 2 - Includes a five-day course-integrated study tour to a relevant European destination, and take you on field studies in Stockholm.
3 Weeks | 3 Credits | June 11 - July 2
Gender, Equality, and Sexuality in Scandinavia
Study Tour: Berlin
Power of Women in the Viking Age
Study Tour: Iceland
Psychology of Political Behavior
Study Tour: Berlin
Public Finance: European Perspectives
Study Tour: Athens
Translational Medicine: From Bench to Bedside
Study Tour: London-Oxford
Session 3 - Spans four weeks, include a five-day course-integrated study tour to a relevant European destination, and take you on field studies in Stockholm.
4 Weeks | 4 Credits | July 4 - August 2
Lifespan Psychology: Shaping the Self
Study Tour: Zurich
Migration and the City
Study Tour: Italy
Public Health Policy in Practice
Study Tour: Belfast-Dublin
Trash Culture: Consumption, Waste, and Re-use
Study Tour: London
World of Vikings: Facts, Fiction, and Fantasy
Study Tour: York
DIS HOUSING OPTIONS
Living in DIS-arranged housing lets you have the independence to focus on your academics while living in safe and convenient locations within the Greater Stockholm area.
Live with Local Students:
Live as local students do in university housing. Universities in Stockholm do not have housing on their campuses. Instead, co-ed residential buildings accommodate university students across these cities. In Stockholm, these residences are called Studentboende.
Live with DIS Students:
Live with fellow students from North American universities and take part in building relationships in a Residential Community. Build a community with other DIS students and challenge yourself to engage locally, as you will have to be proactive to meet locals and get a feel for their culture. Residential Communities can be structured differently, housing a varying number of students. The Communities are co-ed residences.